Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, September 30, 2013

As I give myself to God, He makes me all that I can be!


Freiburg!
     Before I came out into the field, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let fear keep me from using my talents on the mission. We got a phone call this week from a Sister in the ward that plays piano for Primary. Before I had time to be afraid and say no, I told her I would love to do it! So, yesterday in church I PLAYED PIANO FOR THE PRIMARY!!! I just feel so proud and so accomplished and I know you would feel proud too, Mom! It has been years since I played. But you want to know the coolest thing? I literally have not been able to really play the piano for a couple of years now. As I sat there looking at the music visualizing it, I couldn't figure out how my fingers would work to play this song. But as I started to play, my fingers and my hands remembered the intervals. I felt God bringing this skill back to memory because he wanted me to utilize it. It was the most phenomenal experience ever and I am so grateful! I am so grateful to be a missionary! I am so grateful that as I give all of myself to God, He makes me all that I can be!

Practicing for Primary
She took a picture of her boots

     There's a lot that I could email about but I really don't have much time. I feel like Pdays just never last long enough. But I want to let you know, I love being a missionary. I love being here with these people.

     This week we followed a prompting in an unusual way and ended up going by on a Less Active. We went in and she was drinking wine with a friend. There was a strange atmosphere and then after the friend left, she told us that her daughter passed away. We sat with her, we comforted her, we loved her. The next day we found out she struggles with Dementia and her daughter had passed away 3 years ago. But her brother passed away that day we went by. This woman's husband, only two children, and only sibling are gone. She is literally alone and only 65. She lives alone, she has no close family left. There are people like this in the world! People you are friends with, people you visit teach, talk with who are this lonely and are hurting this much! I am so disappointed that I spent so much time on Netflix and not enough time lifting up those with feeble knees. There just isn't time to run around, there are people who need our love! I am so grateful that as a missionary, that is what I get to do. I get to help others, I get to lift and strengthen these people. There are people who need us! I know we are busy, I know life gets in the way, but if everyone just makes a little more effort, God will give us time. We do our part and he makes up the rest. That is the way He works.



     Every day here in Freiburg is filled with Love, Fun, Challenges, and God. It is the most indescribable and amazing thing, to be here and devoting all of my time to the Lord. Being a missionary is the single greatest experience that has happened to me so far in my life and I am so eternally grateful! I love these people so much! I love you so much! I love my friends back at home so much! I miss all of you but I am also so grateful to be here. This is where I am supposed to be. Ah, being a missionary ist am besten (is the best)!

A picnic with Sis Peterson in the Wohnung (apt)

     I will tell more details stories another time, I have to go. But I love you all so much! There is so much happiness ahead, ah, I love just being alive and living this beautiful life!
     Hi Daddy I love you! Sorry I never write a lot to you. I want you to know that you are great. I thought this week of another thing you have taught me that has stuck with me. When I was younger, you told me that 1 excuse was better than 3. If you are going to say something, say something strong instead of a bunch of weak things. I think I was trying to get out of doing homework, but the principle is what has stuck with me. It's more important to be a person of integrity than someone with a bunch of flimsy, half-filled words.
     You are the best. I talk about how great my Daddy is. I love you so much Daddy! I love you Mom. I love you so much!
Love,
Sister Henry
They have Burger King in Germany too (for Granny Lynda)

I love being a missionary!
I found kitties to pet!



3 comments:

  1. She's such a beautiful missionary, both inside and out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, I have to agree =) and she is becoming more beautiful each day of her mission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one will be translated before she gets released. Oh how her personality comes out. She has a gift of writing, humor, and a genuine love for others! Love following her every week!

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!