Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Yellow Butterflies!

Salzburg District before transfers last week

At the Silent Night Chapel in Oberndorf

Hallo Liebe Familie und Freunde!

I hope all of your weeks have been as sun filled and bright as they've been here in Salzburg!  It's crazy to think a week has gone by already, transfers always seem to throw things off.  But it's great to have another beginning and another opportunity to set goals and push ourselves more than even before.  I suppose being a missionary is comparable to making new years resolutions, but you do it every 6 weeks!

This week there didn't seem to be any huge phenomenal experiences that I felt to share.  For the most part, it was just a week full of beautiful experiences that make up a happy life.  

One highlight was that we had a Stake Conference and something really cool is happening in our stake.  We had a special meeting before Stake Conference and had all of the missionaries in the stake meet together with their ward mission leaders and Bishops to talk about a new Stake plan we are doing to find more people and involve more members.  It was so cool to see the Stake (and not the mission) come up with and introduce a new and exciting finding idea!  That's really how it should be, we as missionaries are just tools to help the wards and stakes further their missionary efforts.

The meeting was awesome, and let's be realistic, you get 30 missionaries together and it can't help but be fun!  We're pretty spread out here in the Salzburg Zone so it was great to see everyone.  The Brixen Sisters slept over and it was funny to watch our conversations go back and forth between German and English.  
Inline image 2
  (Finally got her Valentine packages--this is from her Wendy-Mom)
 
I was studying this morning about the charges that Christ gave to his Apostles before he was crucified.  Something really struck me in Matthew Chapter 10:8.  He ends his instruction with "Freely you have received, freely give."  I think about how I have really done nothing to have the blessing of being born and raised in a family where I was nurtured and raised with this Gospel.  More specifically, knowledge of who our Father in Heaven is and what my purpose of life is.  I really have received all of this freely.  

When I think about the charge to give of that knowledge freely, it takes a lot of pressure off of my shoulders.  He doesn't say, freely you have received, now go and run around telling everyone at the top of your voice. He says freely give.  To me this means to just give naturally, free of obligation, worry, or stress.  Just to give the knowledge of the Gospel simply, beautifully, and freely, the same way it comes into our lives.

I said there weren't any huge experiences to share but I totally forgot, today I saw not one but TWO Yellow Butterflies!  It's still February!  I couldn't believe it! The bees are out, some of the flowers are starting to bloom, and I am just the luckiest girl on the planet!   I LOVE SISTER CLARK! She is an all American Utah girl from American Fork and just the sweetest ever, she is super awesome. We are chatters and it is so fun to just chit chat and chit chat and chit chat! I love being a missionary! 

I love you all and I hope you have a phenomenal week!

Love,
Sister Henry



2 comments:

  1. I love hearing different interpretations of the scriptures. How applicable is her interpretation to give freely! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the Savior--never hurrying, never franctic---just gently and freely. I would love to have experienced that stake conference last weekend. Jill

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!