Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, May 5, 2014

How many Bayerische Männer does it take to fix a bike lock?

I always think of you Mom when I smell lilacs!


Companions!!!  And go Mariners ;o)


So funny thing happened this morning.  We went to go get our bikes because we had left them at the Bahnhof yesterday, and Sister Clark couldn't get her lock open.  I come over and try to help, the key wouldn't turn, and it still wouldn't open.  There were two older German men standing not far away, and we walked over there to ask for their help.  One came and started trying but it wouldn't budge.  The other went to get some oil and do it, and still nothing.  Another German man was walking by, saw them, and started giving them some pointers and tried himself.  Later an old man came and tried one of his keys to see if it would do anything.
Needless to say, we gotta get the Polizei to cut the lock for us.  Haha but it was so fun, I love old German men.  These people are seriously the warmest and nicest people on the planet.
This week was busy but fantastic.  We didn't meet with many various people, but we met with S couple of times, she came to church, and came to a baptism yesterday.  We are going over on Tuesday to eat lasagna and have a lesson.  S is seriously one of my dearest friends.  I love her so much and I feel so privileged to teach her!  I am not even worried about the when of her getting baptized, because her conversion is going so deep.  She really is coming closer to Jesus Christ, you can see it.  I feel so blessed to know her!

Between church and the baptism, Sister Clark, S, and I went for a little walk around the lake by the church.  We were watching the geese and then all of a sudden it was swimming lesson time and the parent geese were swimming with the little goslings in between in a little line.  None of us had a camera, and I think that made it more special because we just enjoyed the moment.  I wrote about it in my journal so I never forget it.
     I can't even begin to describe how beautiful Salzburg is in the spring.  Every day is like a fairytale.  It is the most beautiful thing.  I wish I could express it.

So, my message for you all today.  Read Elder Wirthlin's "Come what may, and Love it" talk.  Here is a link even.  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng

That talk changed my heart this morning.  How lucky I am that I have had moments in my life where I have been able to choose to be on the Lord's side.  To be able to choose to give what I want for what He wants for me.  Because of that, I know that I will be compensated not just equally, but eternally.  The One who is compensating me is not just a man who is fair in his pay, but a loving and eternal Father who wants to not only pour out blessings in any way He can, but understands the full extent and emotion of every sacrifice.  

This keyboard is stiff so I will wrap this up.  We get to see each other on Sunday :)  I am excited!  

I just want to say again how much I love my mission.  I don't think I could make a better decision than to give my life to God.  I am constantly astounded by the blessings of fairytale proportions that have come because I have done so.  He truly loves us and wants to bless us.

I am so grateful to be a missionary.

I love you!

Love,
Sister Henry
Mission Tour Conference!

Finding Day before MLC!

Mission Leadership Conference!

My friend Jackie loves Sis Henry's letters so much, she had Elder Rodgers find her and take a photo with her. =)

I love this face, full of joy!  It is her Kim McAfee meeting Conrad Birdie face haha


1 comment:

  1. I love how her testimony becomes strong each week! and don't you just love the Miles? So glad for all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!