Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, May 19, 2014

The life of a Sister Missionary

We went to Bad Reichenhall with one of our members for pday last week!



I have a couple of experiences that I think will bring a smile to your face.

#1 The old man on the bus
     The other day we were riding to the church.  We got on when no one else was on the bus, so I sat in one of the 4 seater spots that is across from another 4 seater.  This gives me me a higher chance of someone sitting near me that I can talk to.  I sat down, and we started to ride when a nice old man got on the bus.  He sat in the corner of the other 4 seater.  I looked over and smiled and he smiled back.  Actually, he smiled so big that I felt uncomfortable and proceeded to look out the window.  
     I glanced at him again, wanting to be proactive and have a conversation.  His smile once again influenced me to continue my gaze out the window.
     Finally, we were approaching our stop and I asked him how he is doing.  He abruptly got out of his chair, leaned over and said it doesn't matter how an old man like him is doing, how am I doing?  Goodness gracious.  He then went on and on about, oh how he wishes he were younger. 
     He was VERY happy that I talked with him.  Sister Henry has got a fan!

#2 Sisters are VERY hardcore
     I went on tausch this week with Sister Starns in Wels and I don't think it stopped raining the entire time.  I'm from Washington, that's not a problem for me, right?  Well, in Washington I don't spend the entire day outside going by on people and going from door to door.
     Obviously I survived, and I actually did enjoy being soaking wet to the bone!  There is nothing that makes my smile brighter and my singing louder than a little dash of adversity.
    But it had me reflect on just how hardcore sister missionaries are.  I was in a skirt and tights on a bike in the pouring rain for a good 5 or 6 hours straight.  Sisters are awesome :)

     Well, I don't have much time more but I just want you all to know that even when the rain is pouring and the lessons have all fallen out, there is still always a miracle to see!  Life is beautiful!      Sometimes God just has to take away all of the big things because that's the only way he'll get us to focus on the little things.
     I love you all so dearly!  Keep smiling!
Love,
Sister Henry
Ice Cream District Party before the last Transfers. The couple in the center are the Smiths who sent a really nice letter this week about how much they love serving with Sis Henry.






I can do the splits?!

Transfers!  I miss the missionaries who left!


1 comment:

  1. The look on her face in the splits photo is priceless! She really has a gift of eloquence - and I agree that sisters are awesome - especially this sister missionary! She was awesome to begin with so I'm not sure how she continues to grow from week to week! She'll be translated before she's done!

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!