Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, September 8, 2014

21st Birthday: "I am so grateful to be grateful!"

 

 
Staying in Singen with Sister Kutschke! 

The sister who introduced the joys of lederhosen to the sister missionaries in the Alpine German-speaking Mission. 
She had a wonderful birthday with her German Oma Sister Voigt in Singen. Sister Voigt is such a friend to the missionaries in Singen! 



Sherry with Oma <3

 

 
A beautiful scarf gift
Party in a Box from Britt! 

 
​A card from the President!  ;o)

Last night we were counting up all of the key indicators for this transfer and all I have to say,

There is so much to be grateful for!

Actually, I love that song by Josh Groban on his Noel album, I listen to it all the time.

Just looking back on the past two transfers here in Singen, it has been such a blessing.  God has sent me to an area where I really feel I get to be the missionary I have always hoped to be!  Well, the missionary I never knew I could be, but he saw it in me, and helped me become her!  We have been blessed to teach so much these last two transfers, and to get to know such wonderful people, such a wonderful and loving branch.  I just can't help but be filled with gratitude!

Guess what happened this week?!  Have I told you about N?  He is from Camaroon, and he is just one of my favorite people on the planet.  He has become such a special person to us, such a wonderful son of God.  Anyways, he is getting baptized on the 20th!  We have been meeting 3 or 4 times a week and he just wants to learn it all, it is so cool!  He's super intelligent, and understands everything in such a deep way.  Teaching him has truly strengthened my conversion in the Gospel, and I think that's why God sent him to us. I am just so grateful that he is a part of our life.

He is an author, so it looks like I am going to have to learn French because I want to read his books!  He speaks great English, but writes in French.  I could go on and on about how cool N is.  He lived in Italy for 8 years and then with the economic problems, came to Germany to start over again.  He is such an example to me, Mom.  I feel so blessed that God has let him cross our path!

You know, I had a thought this week that got me really excited.  Sister Kutschke will almost definitely be my last companion on my mission.  That means, all of the lessons that God has left for me to learn on my mission from my companion, I am going to learn them from her.  I am really excited to be together these next two transfers, it's so fun to be with your companion for a long time!

Well, I have a lot of emails to respond to, but I just want to let you know how much I love you all!  Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!!  So far it has been the best birthday ever, and we haven't even been to Oma's house yet!

I love you!  Have a great week, and smile!

Love,
Sister Henry
(she didn't tell us about these fun photos!)
What the .....??????






Dear Daddy,
I am sorry I didn't get a card sent in the mail in time, it's always tricky because I am only allowed to write you on Mondays and sometimes I run out of time.  But I plan on getting you a really cool German Christmas present this year :)

I remember on one of my birthdays, I didn't want to celebrate it at all.  I said, no parties, no friends, etc.  Then my entire birthday I was so grumpy, and you decided to take me out and we would celebrate and buy a book for me.  I think that ended up being one of my best birthdays, and also one of my best lessons.

Now I am not afraid to tell people it's my birthday, and instead of trying to hide it and be grumpy, I just like to use it as an excuse to celebrate it with people.   I tell everyone it's my birthday, and allow them to give me gifts and celebrate.  It's been so cool, because I have been able to share my birthday with other people, and that makes them happy to take a part of it too.

I think I just didn't understand what it means to celebrate something.  Anyways, thanks for always teaching me such good lessons, dad.  You really are the best Dad.

I love what you said in your email in using your relationships to better understand heavenly father.  I actually think about you a lot, and imagine Heavenly Father to be a lot like you are.  Just full of love.  I am sure that in the life before this, I sat on the chairs in the living room with Heavenly Father, and just chatted like we do.  It was probably different, but I am sure that the familiarity that I have with him was just the same.

I just feel so blessed to have you as my Dad, I realize that to have a Dad like you is really a special gift.  The majority of the population of the world doesn't have this blessing.  It seems like girls don't have Dads like I do anymore.  Thanks for magnifying your call to be a Dad, and to be you.  I look up to you so much, I know all of us kids do.  I am so happy to be your 21 year old Daddy's Tomboy!

I love you and I hope you have a great birthday.  You may not be as high maintenance as us girls, but you still deserve to have your special day.

Ich hab Dich so sehr Lieb.

Love,
Sher Bear






Dance Party with her card

Rapunzel? Lustige Haare! 
Clean Apartment Award winners =)




1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that she has such a great relationship with her dad! What a tribute! Is she really with her last companion?

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!