Translate Sherry's blog to your language!

Monday, October 27, 2014

To the tune of "the final countdown! "

Überlingen pday with Sis Kutschke and Oma
Dinner at Oma's house to say goodbye to Elder Mickelson


Baby its cold outside!
Yummy!
Meine Gute, I can not believe it, that I have made it to my last transfer on my mission!  Seriously, I just can't believe it. I am staying in Singen with Sister Kutschke!
I mean, even when I was filling out my papers, I wasn't sure if I would actually go on my mission.  I remember specifically feeling no direction on whether or not I was actually going to go, I only knew that filling out my mission papers was bringing me peace.  So I moved forward.

Then I somehow found myself reporting to the MTC, and even right before that, I had some second thoughts.  Would I really do this?  Would I really serve a mission?  Well, I knew that getting dropped off at the MTC would be the only thing that brought me peace, so I at least reported.
     I feel like it continually went forward like that.  Would I be able to make it to the end of my mission?  There were times where I honestly didn't know.  Oh my goodness there have been so many times I have wanted to quit.  I think only my companions really understand how many times I have wanted to throw in the towel, because they're the ones that were sitting there with me during those hard times.
     I would keep going for that day, for that month, but the thought of enduring to the end seemed so anstrengend!  I should know that word in English but it isn't coming to me right now.  (exhausting)
I definitely couldn't envision myself getting here because it seemed so far away.  But now I am here in my final transfer!  And I look back and I can't help but thank God for every single moment on my mission so far.  I really have no regrets, because every mistake or failure has also taught me.
     Honestly, I sort of have a philosophy that you really can't fail on your mission.  I compare it to like extra credit in a class at school.  If you mess up your extra credit, it doesn't hurt your grade.  But if you give it your all and do your best with your extra credit, then you definitely reap benefits.  I consider missions to be like spiritual extra credit.  Don't go on a mission, God isn't going to damn you, or punish you.  But you go on a mission, and you will experience a happiness far greater than anything any sort of school or degree or professor or person could offer you.

Man, missions are great.  Man, life is just great.  Man, GOD IS JUST GREAT!
     I just want to keep pressing forward for these last five weeks, and enjoy every moment.  I mean, I am almost finished with my training.  Pretty soon I am going to start the rest of my life, I better learn the lessons I am supposed to learn, the last preparations!

But seriously, there is only good and happiness ahead if we let ourselves make the good and happy choices.  I have been reading the Chronicles in the Old testament a lot lately and I just love the stories of the old Kings of Israel and Judah and their examples.  One I read about lately was king Hezekiah and I love his story.  There is a certain point in Chapter 32 where the Assyrians are coming against them, but Hezekiah just totally keeps his cool.  He does what he can to protect his people and then he tells them this:
Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the King of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: For there be more with us than with him:
With him is an arm of Flesh; But with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles.
     I just know with 100% certainty that if I stay on the Lord's side, I never need to fear.  God will always take care of us and always provide for us.  We always have reason to be strong and courageous. If we don't feel we have reason to be strong and courageous, then we need to get on our knees and pray.  Because I can promise that after we pray for that courage and strength, we will feel it.  Then we will be able to make it that next day or next week or next month until all of a sudden we realize that we have made it to our final transfer.  Even when we thought we would never be able to.
     I love my mission, and I love the Gospel.  There is so much happiness that is awaiting to greet us, we just have to do our part and find it.

I love you all so much!  The work goes forward, there are miracles happening here in Singen, in Costa Rica, and all over the world!

Love,
Sister Henry







1 comment:

  1. I'd say she's got her Mission PHD! I think she has learned all a missionary should and then even more! I think that feeling of peace she has learned to follow will take her far!

    ReplyDelete

We will forward your comments to Sister Henry!